LOREM IPSUM DOLOR

Via Settevalli 320 - 06129 - Perugia | infoconsorziofrancescosways@gmail.com +39 370 1106929

Eremo delle Carceri

Eremo delle Carceri

eremodellecarceri

Mount Subasio was home to a number of hermits even before the time of Saint Francis; the saint and his brothers began to retreat to a small chapel and surrounding grottoes on this mountain around 1206. The oldest part of this convent dates from the middle of the 15th century; it was expanded to its present size over the following two centuries. Francis held great esteem for the hermitic life of prayer and penitence (FF 669; 764-765).

Source: “La via di Francesco” – Edizioni San Paolo S.r.l.